You know it's been a good week when the top three things that come to your mind are love, laughter, and long walks. Even though I've actually had to work all five weekdays, it's been a great week full of some of my very favorite things and people. I am thankful for each and every day in this phase of my life as a post-college, young-married, pre-baby kinda gal. I look forward to the future with excitement and hope, but I'm making the most of things right where I'm at. Here's what we've been up to this week!
1. Game Nights and Friend DinnersAaron and I have gone through many seasons of friendships- some that have been very hard and some that have made us extremely grateful. Just this last week, we've been really living out our 2016 dreams to "play more, sing more, go on more walks, and spend less time on our phones". We've enjoyed hours of Gotcha, Rook, tennis in the dark, and just sharing life and meals together with some cherished friends and couples that we just "click" with. Thankful for them!
2. Bachelor Watch PartiesI never watched a single season of The Bachelor until my farmer friend Chris Soules came along....and now it has become a weekly social event for us and several of our friends. I fell in love with Becca on Chris's season (and so did he, but he picked the wrong girl). Then of course we had to watch Kaitlyn's season where I just adored Ben H. So of course, we're watching this season too. While I do not at all condone the idea of dating multiple people at once, and I totally get that we only see what the TV producers want us to, I do think that some good relationships (insert Sean and Catherine here) have come out of the show. We don't let The Bachelor dictate our lives: we usually watch it the next night on Hulu. More than anything, it's mindless background and a reason for us to get together, share laughs and cookies, and have interesting discussions about what true love looks like.
3. The Other (Tamer) Side of VegasSince my last true personal "five on Friday" update, we returned from an amazing long weekend in Vegas. I mentioned the other day that I legitimately felt semi-judged by others when I told them that we went to Vegas for vacation. In the case that you've got a stereotype of Vegas in your brain, or if you're just looking for a way to experience another side of "sin city", check out this post for travel tips and ideas for the perfect trip on a budget. It may just convince you to hop on a plane- which is never a bad idea!
4. Getting "Wyld"On Sunday, we hosted our annual YoungLife banquet where we shared more about this year in YoungLife and how we have seen the Lord at work. There are lots of exciting things going on in the ministry, particularly the fact that WyldLife is starting- which is the middle school version of YoungLife. Their club is unique in the fact that it meets after school, at the school. We couldn't be more thrilled about the opportunity to step into kids' lives during their middle school years: a time when they haven't necessarily gotten involved in all of the yuck just yet. If we can help them feel known and loved as just a small glimpse of how much they are known and loved by a Savior who desires a relationship with them, then we will be doing okay. My hubby is heading up this ministry, alongside some wonderful teachers, and I couldn't be more proud as I cheer them on!
Last weekend was just gorgeous with a capital G here in Missouri. I mean seriously, the warm weather must have followed us here from Las Vegas! (It was so nice I even washed my car, Bella, which I named before Twilight was a thing.) I said no to anything school-related, didn't do much for this blog, and instead spent hours and hours outside on patio lunch dates and long walks full of great conversation. I love running when I'm looking to burn lots of calories, but there is something so wonderful and about getting some steps in on a walk while also talking about life, love, and goals without being totally out of breath. I'm looking forward to a whole summer full of wonderful walk weather with my hubby, friends, and mom.
5. Long Walks and Beautiful Weather
Happy weekend, y'all! I hope it's full of a whole lot of laugher and love. Thanks for stopping by!
A. Liz AdventuresThe Diary of a Real HousewifeUniquely UnfoldedGrace and Love BlogRunning for CupcakesLife in Leggings