Every year for the last five years or so, I've grabbed a post it note and listed out what I was looking forward to in the new year. Things that I was excited about and hoping for and striving for. Things I was dreaming of and praying for and giddy about. The number of items always matched the year: 11 in 2011, 12 in 2012, and so on. I've kept these little sticky notes in a tub on my desk at school. It's fun to look back and read how I was so excited to graduate and get a job in 2011, or how I couldn't wait to become a wife and buy a home in 2013. Every year, I stop to look ahead with eager anticipation and with great thankfulness for all that awaits. Year by year, life has been an adventure, and I'm so excited to see what 2016 will bring.
And so, without further ado, here are sixteen things I'm looking forward to and dreaming of in 2016!
1. GreeceI still can't believe that I'll be spending part of July in the most gorgeous place. Can't wait!
2. YoungLife Camp at Crooked CreekEvery year at YL camp is a good one, but this one will be especially good. I spent a week at Crooked Camp the summer after my Junior year of High School, and it's sooo beautiful. Can't wait to be back as a leader.
3. Spring Break Trip to the NortheastI just realized that my top four "things" are all trips...Aaron and I have travel fever right now! We are making rounds around the nation as we snap state pics and cross them off our list. We've already navigated the Southeast and Southwest, so this year we'll be navigating through the Northeast! We'll be hitting Baltimore, Boston, New York City, and more!
4. Valentine's in VegasWe didn't travel for the New Year like we normally do, so this year we have a little bonus trip in February! I'll be spending a long weekend in Vegas with my Valentine and some of our very dear friends and favorite baby.
5. Being tenured!How is it already the second semester of my 5th year of teaching? Time flies for sure. At the end of this year, I'll officially be district tenured and somewhat of a veteran in my mind ha. I'll still learning, and always will be.
6. New Campaigner GroupsWe're trying something new with Campaigners this spring, and I'm excited to spend committed time in the Word with some really sweet girls. Should be an awesome time.
7. Celebrating Three Years of MarriageJune 15th of 2016 will be our third anniversary. Safe to safe I'm still head over heels for my hubby, and we've had an absolute blast being married and having slumber parties every night.
|All Photos: Lacey Rene Studios|
8. Buying a New Car?This one is a bit of a wild card...but there is a pretty good chance that this may be the year that we bite the bullet and buy a new (to us) car. Some of this is dependent upon number nine (see below), but we are over 238,000 miles on my car and Aaron's truck isn't always super dependable. We shall see!
9. Getting the Companion Pass (Fingers Crossed)Aaron and I love our Southwest Rapid Rewards Card! This year we are hoping to successfully earn a companion pass, which means we would have a ton of Southwest Points and I would be able to fly free as Aaron's companion for what's left of 2016 and all of the next year. Buying a car could help us reach this goal...so we're keeping that in mind.
10. My Baby Brother Turning 21It's crazy that my youngest brother will turn 21 in November! Mainly, I'm just excited for the whole fam to be able to go to a Casino, Vegas, or dance the night away at Neon Wild!
11. Loving Others WellThis is one thing that I'm really focusing on this year- striving to love others well and to put their needs before my own. To love them when they haven't done anything to earn it, and even if they don't love me in return. I want to continue to work on putting myself behind others, and to show them the love of Christ (which is a part of my blog tagline).
12. Growing in My FaithThe last few months have been hard for me when it comes to quiet times. I've committing to a more dedicated schedule and an effort to keep what is most important truly most important- my faith. There is always room to grow, and this phase of my life is both wonderful and confusing, so I'm excited to see what the Lord does in me.
13. Continuing Home Updates and DecorAfter finishing up the dining room project in the next week, I'm excited to keep working through different rooms of our house, including our outdoor shed and fence. I feel like I'm kind of getting in my groove when it comes to decorating, and I really know what I like and what my desired "style" is.
14. Fun Times with Dear FriendsAaron and I are blessed with lots of wonderful friends, and we are excited to continue to share life with them and to build lots of new fun memories. We are very grateful for their presence in our lives.
15. Year Two of Currently, KelsieHard to believe that the one year of anniversary of this blog is coming up fast. I'm excited to see where this blog goes, maybe decide on a more specific niche, or what direction I want to take with it. Thanks for coming along!
At this point in our lives, there are a lot of unknowns and up in the air decisions. It is exciting to think and dream about the future, to wonder how it will all turn out, and to make decisions that we feel the Lord is calling us to. It's both scary and exciting, but we know that it will be an incredible adventure and we trust His direction for our lives. After all, He's the one who is really in control anyways!
16. Following God's Will
Happy New Year to you all! I hope you have 16+ wonderful things you're looking forward to in 2016.
A. Liz AdventuresWhat Joy is MineThe Diary of a Real HousewifeUniquely UnfoldedGrace and Love BlogRunning for CupcakesMomfessionalsLife in Leggings