1. Meeting Baby K!It's kind of a given that the first thing that comes to mind is meeting our sweet baby. My official due date is March 5th, but who knows exactly when Baby K will join us. That moment will be oh so sweet, especially because we've waited to find out Baby's gender. I can't wait to hold our little baby in my arms, to call them by name, and to marvel in the joy of bringing a little piece of us into the world.
2. Becoming a MomOn top of simply meeting our Baby for the first time, I'm so excited to become a mama this year. I think about what it will be like sometimes and I'm both overwhelmed and overjoyed. I know that it will bring a lot of change for us, but I feel so blessed to join the ranks of mom. Here's hoping I'm okay at it!
3. Watching Aaron be a DadNot only am I excited to be a mommy, but I'm also oh so excited to watch my sweet hubby become a dad. Sometimes I think about how awesome he will be and it just makes me cry. I can't wait to watch him love our little baby in the sweetest moments.
4. Maternity Photos and Baby ShowersWhile we're on the whole baby theme, I'm also really excited for the baby showers and maternity photos that we have planned in the next month or so. I feel like most of those things don't really happen as much with baby two or more, so I'm relishing these sweet first pregnancy moments. (For bumpdates, click here!)
5. Celebrating Four Years of MarriageOn June 15th, 2013, Aaron and I said "I do", and I've never regretted that decision for a second. This year will look a little different, but I'm still excited to acknowledge our anniversary and celebrate the sweet new stage of marriage we'll be in. I know that being parents will bring new strains to our marriage, but we are committed to keeping it strong and dating each other forever.
6. Year Three of the Blog!I can't believe that Currently, Kelsie will be two years old in just a few days. 2017 will usher in the third year of the blog, and I'm so excited to see where it will go from here. I'm definitely still learning more and more day by day, and setting new goals for myself. Thanks for joining us!
7. Five Months at HomeBecause of the baby's due date, along with the fact that I saved up 52 days of my PTO, I will more than likely be home with our little one for five months! Depending on when baby arrives, and how many snow days we have, I should be able to take the entire rest of the year off and go straight into summer. It will be so nice and means we won't have to take them to daycare right away!
8. Companion Pass Adventures with BabyEven though traveling won't be happening for us in February or over Spring Break, we will still have our Companion Pass through the entire year of 2017. With me flying free, Baby flying free, and Aaron flying on points, we'll likely still be doing some trips this summer and fall. I'm hoping to visit Seattle, and also maybe somewhere in the Caribbean (baby needs a passport!).
9. Continuing Home Decor Updates and ProjectsI always have a lot of fun dreaming and planning new updates for our sweet home. This year I'll be finishing up the nursery (reveal to come soon!), as well as white-washing our fireplace and tackling our bedroom. I have yet to do anything with our bedroom since we moved in nearly four years ago, so I'm thinking we'll start with paint and some new decor, and then Aaron may build us some new furniture including a King bed frame! Stay tuned.
10. A Trip to Colorado?Since Aaron will be spending a week or two in Italy this year on an EF Tour, I'm thinking that may be a great time to take a little trip to Colorado with my family. Baby K definitely needs to see the mounttains, and it would be fun to have some extra hands while Daddy is away.
11. Watching our Parents be GrandparentsSpeaking of extra hands, we are SO blessed to have both sets of our parents living within 15 minutes of us. I am not taking that for granted for a second, and I know it will be so nice for them to be so close. Our baby (and future babies) will be so blessed to have grandparents so close, and I'm grateful for the willing babysitters we will have around. It will be so fun to watch them love on our kiddos.
12. Aaron Getting His Master'sI'm so excited that Aaron is starting work on his master's degree! It's in administration, and all online so it will be totally doable with Baby. I'm grateful for an amazing man who loves his family so well and provides for us!
13. Fun Adventures with FriendsEven though I'm a little worried our friends won't want to be around as much when we have a baby, we're pretty committed to making sure that we still make time for fun adventures with them. I know for a fact that we do have some great friends who are also excited to love on our child, and I'm looking forward to watching them in that new role. Adventures definitely await!
14. Slower, More Intentional DaysAlthough I'm well aware that maternity leave won't be a walk in the park, and that I'll have lots of eye bags from sleepless nights, I am looking forward to the slower, intentional days with our sweet little one. We live pretty full lives right now with school, coaching, YoungLife, church, and more, and as things shift and change a bit for us, I think it will be good for me, both as a mama and just as a woman in general. It will also be nice to turn off the work email and just focus on our family for a while.
15. Reading for PleasureWith all of the time I won't be spending reading essays and grading this spring, I'm looking forward to reading some books that I actually want to read. Last summer I did a whole lot of reading while we were traveling, and it was so great. Anyone have recommendations??
16. New Year's 2017?We hosted a New Year's Eve Party in our home this year and it was really fun. It was the first year in a long time that we hadn't traveled or been elsewhere for the holiday. It was nice to be home, but I also wouldn't be against a little New Year's Eve trip next year- maybe even without baby at that point. We shall see!
17. Figuring Out What I'm Being Called to NextWhile we were on our Nashville Babymoon, Aaron and I spent a lot of time talking about life, marriage, and what the Lord is calling us to next. And I realized that, other than becoming a parent, I wasn't really sure what I was being called to. I'm looking forward to spending more time with God this year, just listening and taking time to be still and figure out what excites my heart and how God can use me in that.
Cheers to a whole new year full of life, love, and lots of laughter. I hope your 2017 leaves you just as excited and grateful for the new year as it does for us.
Are you following along on Instagram?