1. Uber to ChurchWhen we were in DC, we used uber for the first time. We used it quite a bit to get to the metro station and back from our hotel. Our experiences were good, and thank goodness I have the app still, because I ended up being probably one of the only people in the world who has ever ubered to church. Ha! Long story short: Aaron's truck had been sitting for days and wouldn't start. He had to be really early for our 8:30 service, so I told him to take my car. The people I thought of for a ride fell through, so I ended up setting my location and spending $6 to go to church. Dedication, I guess?
|The crew that made it there the day I (thankfully) did too.|
2. Flat TireUnexpected story number two came on my way to lead softball workouts on Tuesday morning. Thankfully, my flat tire didn't come until I was almost all the way to Liberty North. I pulled over into a little church just off the outer road, then threw on my back pack and walked over to practice. When I got close, I recognized a girl and asked her mom for a ride over to the field. Crazy that I was the only coach there that day, had the keys, and thankfully still made it on time. I'm also super grateful that my amazing husband was home and free, and drove over to fix it while I was doing workouts (and right before it started pouring!).
3. House UpdatesOne of my favorite parts of this week was getting to finally make some changes to our front room. I took some extra paint I had from our rustic dining room, and it's been amazing to see how much lighter and brighter it makes it. Of course, I had to run all over creation to see what Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, Michael's, and IKEA had to offer. I found some great pillows and fun things and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Of course, I'm always a little hesitant to consider it done, because I know I'll be making some more changes at some point, but for now I'm feeling good about it and will probably show you more in the next month!
|The whole crew from Castaway last year!|
4. Off to CampWe are beyond excited to head off to YoungLife Camp tomorrow at the gorgeous Crooked Creek Ranch in Fraser, Colorado. Nestled in the mountains right next to Estes Park and Winter Park, this gorgeous place will be our home for the next week as we live life with cabins full of kids, hike, ride horses, enjoy Western night, and just have an amazing time full of conversation and hopefully hearts changed for Jesus! Pray for us- we've got a long 10 hour bus ride where we have to sleep and it's a little rough ha. But overall, I'm pumped for my 8th camp trip as a leader! I'll be pretty off the radar this coming week, but I'll be back soon with lots of great pictures and stories to share.
5. Poolside, Car Ride ReadsAlthough I have to be careful to not read-myself-sick in the car, I've been jumping in to my next round of books. It's been glorious to have lots of poolside time with friends, and it's been a lot of fun seeing my library holds pop in. Of course, I had like seven pop in at once for pick-up, so I'm hoping I can be a good little reader in the next month and finish them off. So far, I'm flying through eleanor and park, and I'm thinking between a long plane ride to Greece and back and the camp bus/free time, I should be able to polish off another few. Has anybody read any of these?
Cheers to the long weekend, the holiday of the 4th, and all that July will bring. (I can't believe it's here- slow down summer!!) I'm grateful for those who have served, and continue to serve our country with such heart and sacrifice. I'm reminded just how proud I am to be an American, and am so grateful for the freedoms we have here. Have a great week!