1. A Heart AttackSooo... this happened the other day. And I totally freaked out.
2. Hope and EncouragementIf you missed it, this Monday I shared 9 Reasons I'm Afraid to Have a Baby. I would like to personally thank each and every one of you who sent me text or Facebook messages, commented, or just took the time to share your heart as a result of this post. I am completely overwhelmed by your support and encouragement, your "me too, girl" or "I had these once" affirmations, and especially your prayers. I am excited by the thought of kids, and definitely feel like even the process of writing this post and reading and responding to each and every comment really helped me move forward in this area. I am so grateful that I don't have to "overcome" all of these fears in order to have kids; instead, I will eventually reach a point where my hope in the Lord and my excitement about having a baby will overrule any fears I may still have. Thanks again!
3. National History DayTomorrow I'll spend my day watching kiddos compete at the regional National History Day competition. If you've never heard of it, it's a really awesome competition where tons of kids around the nation choose, research, and present on a historical topic that relates to a theme. This year, it's "Exploration, Encounter, and Exchange". Kids can do performances, create documentaries and websites, or even write papers. All of my gifted freshman compete in the competition, as it is an excellent project based ending for their research, research writing, and speaking and listening skills. I'm excited to see kids move on to state, and hopefully nationals in D.C.!
4. Basketball ChampionshipsTonight is a really big night around these parts. Our super awesome girls basketball team got 2nd at state last year, and they are back and hungry for more. They play another very competitive team tonight in the district championship, which also happens to be hosted at our school. The hubs and I, along with lots of other teachers, parents, and friends, have our matching spirit shirts and are ready to hopefully cheer these girls right on in to a sectional game and beyond!
5. One Heck of a HusbandI'm just going to say it: I've been blessed with one heck of a husband, and for that I'm so grateful. Most recently, this Eagle Scout, car fixin', guitar pickin' guy has become an elder in our church, picked up some mean magician skills, and kicked off the new middle school version of YoungLife ministry. In my moment of ring "freak out mode", he held me through tears and promised me that it would all be okay. He makes me better in every way. So often our society spends time doggin' on our spouses. All I know is mine's one heck of a catch, and so I'm celebrating him today and every day. I'm so thankful that he chose (and still chooses) me.
Here's to a wonderful weekend full of hope, happiness, and some fun!
A. Liz AdventuresThe Diary of a Real HousewifeUniquely UnfoldedGrace and Love BlogRunning for CupcakesLife in Leggings