As soon as the bell rings today, it's time for a much needed two week break and time dedicated to friends, family, and some long overdue relaxation. Normally we go out of town every New Year's for the past three years (Passion Conference in 2012, New Orleans in 2013, Cancun in 2014). But this year, Aaron is in a wedding so we'll be staying home, cuddling friends' babies, celebrating our friends' marriages, enjoying Christmas, and getting some projects done around the house. And doing nothing every now and then. Yay!
1. FREEDOM!We did it teacher friends; we did it. No more papers to grade, classes to plan, or lessons to teach for a while. My kids are absolutely wonderful, but I'm ready for a few days without questions about extra credit, without a 7 am wake up call, and without email upon email to answer. I found this video on Facebook and was absolutely dying. I think it summarizes my emotions pretty well. Hope you all brought your tambourines to school!
2. Merry and Bright Holiday Home TourEarlier this week, I offered a little peek into our cozy Christmasy home. It's not straight out of a magazine or picture perfect, but it's comfy and merry and we love it a lot. I'm a huge believer in using what we've got, patiently shopping Christmas clearance each year, and then adding just a few simple, cheap things every year. I'm pretty happy with what we've got. You can view the tour here.
3. Christmas Party FunWe've got Christmas parties on our Christmas parties, and I'm loving it. On Wednesday, I hosted the YoungLife Christmas party with some lovely ladies and a little gift exchange (complete with steals, of course). We've got two more Christmas parties lined up this weekend, and then of course Christmas Eve and Christmas themselves. I love love love giving gifts, so these kinds of things are super fun for me, and my hubby has been incredibly helpful along the way (if you're at the party you'll see what I mean)!
|This is not a current Christmas Party pic....but I love throwing it back. So, enjoy :)|
4. Graduations GaloreNot only have we been celebrating the upcoming holiday season, but we've also been celebrating some big life events for some pretty awesome people. Last Saturday, my cousin graduated from Park University, and tomorrow my little brother graduates from Missouri Western! Both are going to be teachers, which is pretty awesome! We're pretty proud of them, and excited to see them change the lives of some lucky kiddos!
5. Goodbye, 2015As a pretty nostalgic person who's all about living fully and enjoying every second of this crazy thing we call life (case in point, the name of this blog Currently, Kelsie), I love reflecting on the year and all that came with it. It was a year full of lots of fun- a new school for Aaron, a new coaching job for me, twelve (TWELVE!) new YoungLife leaders, an amazing sixteen day European adventure, and more. Oh, and the start of this blog!
This is the last Five on Friday of the year, as the next two Fridays are Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Be on the lookout for one more recap post for 2015, complete with some of the most popular posts of the year! I'm thankful for another 365 days of life and excited for all that lies ahead in 2016. Thanks for coming along!
Did you know you could follow Currently, Kelsie on Pinterest? Stop by, find some ideas, and dream away!
A. Liz AdventuresThe Diary of a Real HousewifeUniquely UnfoldedGrace and Love BlogRunning for CupcakesMomfessionalsLife in Leggings