1. Softball Season #2I'm starting my second year as C Team softball coach at Liberty North. It's nice to have a year under my belt and have an idea of what's going on. Keys, putting buses in, making lineups, and all that jazz isn't foreign territory to me this year, and I'm looking forward to that. After a week of tryouts, I can also say with confidence that I've got a lot of super sweet, super great kiddos that I'll be spending my time with. Bonus points for the fact that Jimmy John's is in charge of our sandwiches this year before away games. Beach club for the win, am I right?
2. Welcoming GuestsNot sure what it is about August, but dang, people sure are looking to travel to Kansas City this month! We've had so many Airbnb requests that I've had to turn people away. It's been a lot of fun meeting everyone from other YoungLife leaders to flight attendants who live in places we've visited this summer. I've really enjoyed getting to open up our home in this way, and it's fun to be in my super host groove after renting out our room for the last year. If you're coming to KC and want to try out Airbnb, give our listing a look and let me know you found it on the blog :) Also, here's a list of all the awesome things you can do while you're here!
3. Day Date FunThis Tuesday Aaron and I decided to take advantage of our early morning freedom by hitting up the movies before noon. All movies are just five bucks at AMC in the morning, so we finally made our way back into the movie theatre after a long absence (we're usually Redbox people). Our movie of choice? Finding Dory. Why not, right? It was a lot of fun to see the connection back to the original, and we loved hearing how interactive the little kids were around us...they were really into it. We've been spoiled this summer with the ability to go out to eat and just do random fun things together whenever we wanted. Married teacher perks.
|Our new beaut of a car...any name ideas?|
4. Cars on Cars on CarsIf you know my hubby, not only is he awesome, but he's also an incredibly hard worker. Ever since we got back from Greece, the man has had car after car lining our street. I'm so grateful that he can fix not only our own cars, but also the cars of so many awesome folks who are looking to save some money and have a trustworthy, honest mechanic behind the wrench. If you're ever in KC and looking for some car work, give Aaron a holler- he's pretty awesome and can do just about any work you need! So thankful for his dedication and commitment to providing for our family.
I felt bad about getting older for like 0.2 seconds yesterday. It's hard to freak out about something that's a privilege- another year of life and all the joys that await. And I must say that I've never felt quite so loved. Phone calls and messages, pool time, nail pampering, pinata fun, flowers, a delicious dinner, and finally exploring the KC streetcar made for an absolutely perfect day. So thanks to you all for that! Cheers to you, 27. You promise to be quite the year! 😊
5. Family CelebrationsThis week we got to celebrate several birthdays with both of our families. Seriously, half of our family decided to be born in July. This makes for one heck of a birthday celebration that ends up looking almost more like a mini-christmas. I've always loved sharing my birthday month (and even birthday) with family members, and it's so fun having time off to enjoy the pool, an amazing meal, and just sweet time with each other. We're nearly all teachers too, so we definitely know how to party it up in the summertime. Have a great weekend!