1. Halloween Fun!For the first time ever, we were actually at our own home for Halloween night. Normally we have Trunk or Treat at our church, but they moved it to a weekend this year. Instead, we had friends over, dressed up in costumes, and enjoyed handing out candy and keeping track of all the fun costumes of our 60 trick or treaters! One Pokemon themed family really rocked the costume department, and we had a few brave young trick or treaters who proceeded to walk right in our door and down the stairs to our basement. Another cutie named Cooper spotted our "baby pumpkin", which led to a discussion of whether he could see the baby in my tummy or not. Crazy to think that we'll be dressing our little one up for next Halloween (likely as a farm animal to join the farmer's collection).
2. Pregnancy UpdatesI'm finishing up week 22 of my pregnancy, and it's hard to believe that I'm already over halfway done. I'll admit, I'm starting to feel and look like a pregnant lady. I've got a bumpdate coming your way in the next week or two, so be on the look out for some updated photos and info about the new adventures facing me (and my growing belly) this month. As always, I'm continuing to remind myself to trust God through all of the pregnancy fears that sneak into my mind, and prayers for the health of our sweet little nugget are always appreciated.
3. Travel PlanningEven though Baby K will keep me from traveling too much come January and on, we do have a few travel plans in the works. We're looking at a short Chicago getaway in early December (deep dish pizza and the "L" for the win), followed by a fun Nashville visit with friends over the Christmas season. After that, this mama will be hanging around KC and awaiting baby's arrival, but I'm already thinking ahead to June and July and figuring out which place will get to be baby's first travel adventure. We've got the Southwest Companion pass through next December, so baby will be flying free along with mama at a young age!
|Read the full post here.|
4. Nursery UpdatesWe have a CRIB, y'all! It's so crazy to look across the hall from our room and see it in there looking all official and ready for a baby. We were actually planning to have Aaron build our crib (because he's basically awesome and can do everything), but we found an amazing deal in the clearance section at Nebraska Furniture Mart that we just couldn't pass up. Aaron is already rockin' the dad department, and he's been such a go-getter on getting things together in the nursery that we've got the walls and trim done, "new" blinds we found for $3 at the ReStore, and a painted dresser and nightstand in place. Now we're just shopping for a white door for the closet, fun decor, and a new glider for this mama! Any favorites out there, moms??
5. A Houston VisitWith softball officially over with a Quarterfinal loss, Aaron and I were able to sneak in a little visit to Houston Texas for a long weekend this month. We spent time eating, shopping, relaxing, and even hitting up the Texas Renaissance Festival with his fabulous aunt and uncle. We were also able to meet up with one of my very dear college friends/roomies/bridesmaids and her husband. The visit was short and sweet, but it was so nice to hop on a plane and get away for a little while!
Happy November (and Friday) to you all! May this month of family, food, and thankfulness find you in good health and spending lots of time with those you love most!
In Case You Missed Them This Month:
Five Ways I'm Conquering My Pregnancy Fears
18 Week Bumpdate
The Best of Washington D.C
Ten Stunning Places to Visit in Greece
Gender Neutral Nursery Inspiration
How to Book Your Vacation with IHG Reward Nights
What to See and Do in New Orleans
GPS Guided Travel Articles