1. So Long, SoftballMy second season as C Team softball coach has officially come to a close. Though the varsity girls still have districts next week, my major coaching duties are done. It was a pretty crazy season, with 16 girls, two knocked out front teeth, one ambulance visit, and the drama that comes along with high school girls. But all in all, I did enjoy my time with them, laughed a lot, and truly feel like they improved a whole bunch this year. There's nothing quite like an excuse to be out on the field again. We did tie the all time record for "most C Team wins" in school history (which we set last year) with the big number four, so I'm calling it a success!
2. Belly Poppin'A few days ago, I shared on the Facebook page that I had officially bit the bullet and wore maternity jeans to school. Elastic waistbands for the win! I'm not to the point where I absolutely have to wear maternity clothes by any means just yet, but most of my jeans and fitted shorts won't button at this point. I'm using the BellaBand and rubber band tricks, but finding that I most often enjoy wearing comfy dresses (that all still fit) to school. I'll share a "bump date" next week with this month's bump pictures!
Aaron knows I love surprises, but when I came home to find this beautiful handmade pew the other night, I nearly lost it. 😍 I've been keeping my eye out for a cool small pew for years, and he remembered, found plans, and made me one. What a catch. I love it so much- can't wait to stain and decorate! 🎉💍#hubbywin #happywife #handmade
3. Fun FurnitureWhen he's not busy being awesome in a whole bunch of other ways, Aaron's been hard at work making all sorts of awesome furniture for our home. He recently completed a beautiful shelf/island that will probably find a spot in our kitchen, as well as this super cute church pew for our front room. I'm so grateful for a handy guy who crafts such goodness with his own two hands, making these pieces even more special and saving us money at the same time! I'm looking forward to getting them painted and finished soon, before moving on to our nursery.
4. Making MusicYoungLife is back again, and we had our first club last week. There were a ton of kids there, and we had an amazing time leading the music together and watching kids hear about an amazing guy named Jesus. Singing "Set a Fire" with the kids just before the talk is always such a highlight. I'm also back on worship team at our church again this week, and I'm pretty certain that baby liked hearing us lift our voices in song during practice. Pretty cool that our little nugget can hear my voice at this point. Music is oh so good for my soul, and I'm especially loving this song right now!
5. Football FestivitiesThis week is homecoming at our school, so Aaron and I will be spending yet another Friday night beneath the bright lights of the football field. We love football, food, and high school kids, so Aaron and I have actually been on supervision for all four of the home football games this year. Pretty fun to cheer on my band kids, cheerleaders, dance team, and football players outside of the classroom. And I'm super excited to see who gets Homecoming King and Queen!
Last week, some senior girls were behind me at the football game. They were talking about how this week would be their last high school football game. And then I told them, "Yeah, and then one day you wake up and ten years have gone by, and you're pregnant and standing on the sidelines supervising." Time flies, y'all. Let's enjoy each second of October and make the most of it!
In Case You Missed Them This Month:
Why We're Not Finding Out Our Baby's Gender
Our Third House-iversary
How I Knew I Was Ready for a Baby
A Moment with Jen: A Season of Singleness
Creative Ways to Use Mason Jars at Home