|One of my first day activities. Got some great answers from some great kiddos!|
1. Back to School: Year SixIf you follow along on Instagram, you saw that I just started my six year of teaching this Wednesday, which means that I am now a tenured teacher at my school (and in the state of Missouri). I'm of course planning to go buck wild now....haha. Overall, I've got really fabulous kids who show great promise and make me excited for a really solid school year. I really do look to hold true to what my classroom is all about, and I'm grateful for the chance to start over with a fresh new year.
2. Second Softball SeasonIf you've been around for a while, you know that I coached C Team softball at the other high school in our district last year. I'm back again, folks. I'll be taking the field with my crew of 15 (not all at once obviously), and I'm really excited to get some games going. Practicing for three weeks straight in the hot 100 degree sun can get a little rough. Last year we set the record for the "winningest" season with four wins; this year I'm going for more! The girls legitimately seem like a fun, goofy, fairly-drama free group... for high school freshman and sophomores. I'm sure I'll have lots of stories to share!
3. Olympic Lovin'I don't know about you, but we've really enjoyed watching the Olympics together in the evenings. I'm not a big TV person, and we don't even have cable, so it's pretty rare for me to be watching something so regularly. But it's always pretty special to see the US win medals, hear the national anthem, and watch the thrilling ends of races in swimming, track and field, and more. And every time I come downstairs and something else is on, I play that "it will be another four years" card. Can't miss out, even if it's ALWAYS past our bedtime!
4. Gold Medal HubbySpeaking of the Olympics and gold medal winners....my own husband has been the absolute champ of a help this week. With school and softball and working out, I'm not getting home until around 7 pm every night. And of course I'm starving since we have 10:30 am lunch (whose idea was that?). Aaron has cleaned, done laundry, packed lunches, and cooked dinner every night this week, and had it ready to eat the moment I walked in the door. My goodness, I've got me a winner! So thankful for the ways he's been stepping up to cover my slack in this crazy busy season.
5. Travel Plannin' and Dreamin'I've finally started getting around to sorting and uploading our bajillion photos from our fun summer adventures. Yesterday, I shared my Secrets to Saving Time at Disney and Universal. I was seriously so impressed by how much we were able to tackle in such a short amount of time at the parks. Check it out if you haven't. There are a few more travel posts on your way soon, but in the meantime we are already dreaming of our next adventures. We've got a wedding in St. Louis over Labor Day, and then I'm thinking maybe Seattle, Chicago, or Houston, hopefully in November. Maybe another small trip in December or January. Not sure where just yet. We're also planning to go back to Mizzou this year for homecoming, since we will have that Friday off for school! Hope you have a wonderful, restful weekend!
Are you following along with Currently, Kelsie on Facebook? Like the page to keep up with recent posts, new tips, fun bonus photos, and more!