1. Paint Wars!Every year in YoungLife, we have a fun little year-end event we like to call "Paint Wars". Basically, it involves kids showing up, listening to some music, taking "Before and After" photos, and getting completely and utterly covered with paint, paint powder, you name it. It's a fun little getaway, a study break during finals, and a celebration of the end of another school and YoungLife year! Check out the rest of the fun photos here. Next up is camp in July at the beautiful Crooked Creek Ranch!
2. Goodbye, ClassroomEvery year we have to pack up all of the books and items in our room so that they can move them out and wax the floors. It's this weird process where the room starts looking lonely and empty for the last few days of class (and is even more weird on the years we have to take our things off the walls too)! On the plus side- many of my students had sweet, fun things to say in their final essays: that we were like a family, that they had learned to challenge themselves instead of going for an easy A, and that they were going to miss my class. They may be slightly brown-nosing, but hey. This is what keeps us teacher folks going: what our classrooms are all about!
3. Hello, AdventureAnother thing I'm packing up is my suitcase. I can't believe we'll be off on our San Fran/Napa Valley journey in just a few days. I'm beyond excited to relax and enjoy some much needed away time with my hubby. What a way to ring in the end of the school year. I've had a few recommendations on places to visit or eat at, but if you've got any other San Fran/Napa/Disney/Jamaica/Niagara Falls advice, feel free to leave it in the comments below. Going to be a pretty awesome end of May and June!
|My trusty REI pack and home to all my clothes on our 16 day European Adventure!|
4. Ready to Read (for Fun!)With all the travel we've got coming up, I'm looking forward to actually reading for fun for a change! It's hard to find time during the school year, but I'll have plenty of time to read this summer on planes, in the car, and on the beach. Hit me up with some book recommendations! I've got a few on my list, but am looking to add more!
5. KC Fun + GiveawayI've got a super stinkin' fun post coming to you Monday, and I'm excited to be offering a little giveaway for you travel lovers. Let's just say that I'm giving you a good glimpse into our awesome city, along with links and a few fun videos. Stay tuned, and don't forget to enter next week!
Cheers to summer livin' and lovin' with those you love most! Have a wonderful weekend!
A. Liz AdventuresThe Diary of a Real HousewifeUniquely UnfoldedGrace and Love BlogRunning for CupcakesLife in Leggings