1. Prom PicsAaron took our awesome, found-in-the-desert camera and took lots of great pictures of my beautiful sister-in-law for her senior prom this Saturday. Hope she doesn't mind me sharing a few of these. Isn't she so gorgeous? I missed out on the picture-taking because I was running around getting our house ready for a big party, but I think she looked like a million bucks. We will be helping out at my school's prom in May: think she'll let me borrow her dress? Ha! Such a fun time.
2. Birthday Beach BashIf you saw last week's post, you heard that we were excited to host a big birthday bash for one of our dearest friends. I'm happy to report that the party was bumpin' in all the right ways! We had a blast taking fun photos, getting into the beach theme, and just enjoying the evening in our outdoor space with about 25 friends! I've never seen so many of our chairs outside at once, and I couldn't be more happy to see our deck and yard full of laughter and fun. Also, shout out to my friend's mom for the awesome, pin-worthy cupcakes pictured above!
|I wish I could share all the fun photos we captured ha. Love these people.|
3. Graduation SeasonIt's hard to believe that our seniors only have about 13 days left of school. They'll be off and graduated in less than a month. This is my first year teaching seniors in my AP class, and I truly have enjoyed them a lot. They're a bit more mature than my sophomores, which I can say with confidence because I had many of them when they were gifted sophomores! It's always a little hard to send such awesome kids off to their new adventures, but I couldn't be more proud. We're especially proud of my sister-in-law, who has worked so hard to set herself up for an awesome future! Love you, sissy!
4. FBLA StateIn a humorous turn of events, my teacher friend and I will be going and serving as chaperones/advisors for the FBLA state competition next week. We will be out of school a couple of days, and down in Springfield to watch the kids compete, take them to a baseball game, drive them around, and of course hit up good ole' Lambert's! The actual sponsor just had a new baby, so she needed some help with this and we were happy to help out. Should be interesting!
5. Mama AdviceIf you missed it, this week I had the honor of sharing What 25 Mothers Would Tell Their Pre-Mom Selves. Whether you're a mother or not, this post is pretty awesome- not because of me, but because of all the wonderful wisdom and advice of these amazing women. I think my favorite part about this post is walking away with this general truth about life: none of us have it all figured out, but we make it through and do our best to enjoy every sweet second of it. If you haven't checked it out, you should!
Cheers to eighty degree Saturdays, ice tea on the deck, and the beautiful green that we get to enjoy (despite some allergies) this time of the year. I am beyond excited to spend some time this weekend with dear friends, a date night with hubby, and finalizing some summer travel! Have a wonderful weekend, friends!
Are you following along on Instagram? Don't miss out on updates and fun photos you won't find elsewhere!