1. KC Livin'I'm sure many Kansas City folks may consider this shameful, but last weekend I finally made my first official trip to the Joe's KC original restaurant. I'm a huge pulled pork fan, and the Carolina Pulled Pork sandwich with a side of beans didn't let me down. The restaurant is extra fun because its location is also a combo convenience store/gas station, saving seats isn't allowed, and there is always a super long, out-the door kinda line. We met up with some sweet friends who were in town for the "Baby-Moon", so we also got to hang out and catch up at the Doughnut Lounge in Westport. I love me a good doughnut. Our city is basically the bomb: so many fun areas to explore, great food, awesome sports excitement, and a whole lot of friendly folks. Come see us!
2. Royals Lovin'To build on the whole KC livin' idea, we've done some serious lovin' of our World Series Champion Royals this week! We hosted a watch party for our first ever "opening night" game win, took in the new Championship flag and rings, and witnessed excitement all over the city as Royals flags fly high and nearly everyone you see on a game day is wearing a Royals shirt. We're headed to our first in-person game tomorrow night with a whole bunch of friends and an RV. What's more fun than a big ole tailgate and a beautiful spring day at the ballpark?
|At the Royals World Series Parade in November. These are my people.|
3. Bingo Losin'Last Saturday, we went to a fun evening event that doubled as a fundraiser for our church's youth group. They are headed on a summer conference and were raising a little extra money from a silent auction, bingo games, and a whole lot of fun. We bought some extra boards, but still didn't win a single time on any of our five boards. The whole event was really well put together, and we had our fair share of yummy events and laughs. We also walked away with some new decor for one of our rooms. To heal our losing wounds, we spent an evening enjoying half-price Super Nachos at the ever delicious 54th Street. Never a bad decision, folks.
4. Summer Dreamin'I don't know what feel more summery than sunshine and Nike running shorts. Some 75 degree days around here have me all excited about the months to come. Coming back from spring break is always kind of hard as a teacher: April and May are long, fun months without any breaks. But the weeks and days are ticking away, and I'm trying to focus on doing my job. Kind of hard though, with Greece on the horizon and a whole month of June to explore the country (and some other countries) with our Southwest Companion Pass. Free flights for the win!!
|What a happy mail day this was.|
5. Camp Prayin'You may have seen my Facebook Page request for some prayers last week. We were in a place where we had to make some hard decisions regarding YoungLife Camp and whether to keep spots or give them away. The whole community (and many of you) rallied in prayer, and we ended up nearly doubling our camp list of 16 kids to end up with a total of 29 kids signed up by the end of that night. WOW! It was so amazing to continue to see the Lord's answer to prayers and to see His continuous to faithfulness, even when we were nervous and doubting. He showed up in the biggest of ways, and He continues to do so through both the good and bad every single day. Thanks for joining us in this ministry!
I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful weekend full of dreamin', livin', and lovin' (and maybe a country song or two if you're not too opposed). Have a great one!
A. Liz AdventuresThe Diary of a Real HousewifeUniquely UnfoldedGrace and Love BlogRunning for CupcakesLife in Leggings