|The Teacher Bball Squad. (Photo and Photo Idea Cred: jordanenglishkc )|
1. Courtwarming Movin' and Groovin'One of the things I love most about teaching high school is getting to celebrate some really wonderful, fun weeks with kiddos. Homecoming and Courtwarming are my favorite, as we celebrate awesome students, cheer them on in sports, and of course have some really crazy dress up days. If you follow me on Instagram, you got to see a few fun 80s outfits and tropical apparel. Courtwarming is probably my favorite, as I take part in both the Teacher/Senior Basketball Game and the Staffires staff dance. Check out this video for a good laugh! (I'm on the right side of the video once we leave the circle and actually start dancing.)
2. Softball ConferenceI literally ran out of the assembly on Friday (and sadly missed the Staffire picture) to jump in a car and head to Columbia. I spent Friday and Saturday enjoying time with the other coaches and learning lots and lots about the best ways to approach coaching a crew of freshman girls. I'm excited to put some of the things I learned into practice, especially the team-building side after my not-so-drama-free crew of freshman girls this year. It was also fun to spend time with my high school softball coach, who is still coaching and was also at the conference!
3. Vegas GetawayThe best part of this crazy week was looking forward to our Vegas trip with friends. I know Vegas gets a bad rap, but I honestly think that it's a lot of fun...even if you aren't a big drinker or gambler. Set a budget, and don't be willing to spend or play with more than that, and you're good! Also, it's going to be 75 degrees there, so I'll take it! We haven't been on a plane since August when we came home from Europe, so I'm more than ready to be taking off for an adventure! It doesn't hurt that I've got two books I'm going to read FOR FUN this break. That never happens, people. I can't wait.
|Bellagio Fountains for the Win! Our last visit was a part of our Southwest Spring Break Trip!|
4. Blogging BreaksIf you keep up with the blog, you know that I usually run a post on Monday, and then do the Alder Collective Link Party on Tuesday and a "Five on Friday" post, like today's, on Friday. I also have a Moments guest post here or there as well to shake up the schedule. But here lately, I haven't done Monday posts. This is a result of a busy few weeks, and the awareness that sometimes I just need to put away my computer and be present. If I can pre-plan, I do, but the world isn't going to stop turning just because I can't post, and I've had to teach and give myself grace in that. I'm so thankful you're here and I love sharing this space with you, so I'll try to be as consistent as I can. Just know that if I don't show up it's because I need a little unplugged break or that I've been busy enjoying the moment. This helps me feel recharged and ready to share more the next time!
|With the so, so snuggly Bandit!|
5. YoungLife is Back!Another part of our crazy week was kicking off this semester of YoungLife Club. It takes some work, but it is oh so worth it to see the way that the Lord shows up and always uses us crazy people for His will. This week, I had the honor of sharing the 10 minute or so talk at the end of club. Though we start our evening with songs like Shut Up and Dance and Thinking Out Loud, we put thought and symbolism into all that we do. As we transition to the end of the night, we pray, sing a worship song, and then have a short talk. This week, I shared with kids that they were fully known and fully loved by Jesus. After club, a girl tweeted one of my quotes from the talk, and also reached out to me to let me know that she really connected with some things I had to say. I'm so thankful that God shows up to speak through me and affect others, even when I'm worried that I'll mess it up.
Our desire to be fully known can only be met by the one who fully knows us - great talk tonight @YLLiberty!— Morgan Fleming (@moflem22) February 11, 2016
I hope this weekend brings you lots of wonderful time to be present with others- to laugh and to love and to feel fully known in the best kind of way. Thanks for stopping by!
Do you follow Currently, Kelsie on Facebook? Give a like and join us!