|Our New Friend! Photo: NextDayPets|
1. A Furry New Friend!You may have missed my post about our sweet puppy of 14 years, Dusty. When he passed away in July, it was pretty hard on all of us. So, eight months later, I'm thrilled to announce that my parents are adding a new furry friend to the family. His name is (currently) Bandit, and he's so stinkin' cute! He's weighs three pounds right now, and is an eight week old Peekapoo who will max out at about eight pounds. My parents are bringing him home today, so of course I'll be going up and cuddling with him all day tomorrow. Aaron and I aren't really game for the responsibility of a pet right now (especially with all of our travels), but we are so excited to puppy-sit and hang with our new little buddy!
|Meet Bandit! Isn't he adorable?? Photo: NextDayPets|
2. Lovin' the Ladies' NightsAaron was out of town last weekend on a college visit for his sister, so I filled my extroverted time with a little ladies night. We spent our evening laughing, watching YouTube videos, and absolutely killin' several rounds of Heads Up, and it was an absolute blast. (If you haven't played the dance move deck, you've got to!) A few of us may have even talked the night away...until 3:45 am. Seriously, I don't even know how I stayed up so late! It was a blast, and I'm looking forward to some more girl time this weekend with some really awesome women!
|Last year's Staffires. To see us in action, check out the Year in Review Post. You won't regret it.|
3. Dancing Up a StormIf you missed last year's "Staffire" dance team video, you'll have to check it out in my Year in Review post. Our school has a dance team called the Sapphires, and thus, the "Staffires" are a dance team made up of teachers and staff. We've been hard at work mastering some pretty sweet dance moves, and we are going to rock it at the Courtwarming Assembly next week. I'm sure I'll have video to share soon. I'll also be running up and down the court in the Senior/Staff Basketball game, so shoot up a little prayer that I can hang ha.
|My crazies from YoungLife Camp last summer.|
4. A Shared Heart for YouthThis week, it was such a joy to have both our YoungLife volunteers and the pastors of the major churches in the city all together in the same room. The mission to love young people in our community well and to point them towards Christ in hopes of making new disciples is truly a mission that we all share together, and thus it is our heart to be united in this purpose. It should never be YoungLife against the church, or vice versa, but instead the two of us working together and pushing kids towards the Lord. We are excited to see all that is to come!
5. A New ShopYou may have spotted the new "Shop" tab at the top of the blog webpage. In case you haven't heard, we are very excited to be launching the new Currently, Kelsie Shop, which will be specializing in creating handmade rustic home decor and various items. The wood centerpiece from our new rustic dining room is actually for sale. And, in celebration of this new adventure, we are currently shipping all of our items for FREE. If you're in the KC area, we can even meet you and deliver your purchases in person! You should check it out for sure, and we can also make items in bulk or take on new project ideas you may be looking for.
That's it for this week. Have a wonderful weekend!
A. Liz AdventuresThe Diary of a Real HousewifeUniquely UnfoldedGrace and Love BlogRunning for CupcakesMomfessionalsLife in Leggings