1. Breakin' it down, Shakespeare style.Romeo and Juliet is one of my very favorite units to teach with my gifted freshman. I know, I know. Some of you are totally cringing and thinking about how much you hated reading Shakespeare in high school. But these kiddos are driven and motivated, and they love it! I love having them do some fun activities like walking in circles and stomping out the prologue to really learn iambic pentameter. And my favorite thing is teaching them the Pilgrims and Saints dance that Romeo and Juliet were doing at the party where they first met (and kissed). It's such a blast seeing freshman who would never think that dancing in class was "cool" become super into it and have a great time! These aren't my kiddos, but this is a little snippet of the dance I teach them- so picture this with more giggles and eight counts. I always jokingly tell my kids they can take these moves to the club.
2. Untimely SnowfallI was so thankful for time off this week, but I can't help but think about all of the snow days we could have had, if only the snow had timed itself a little differently. I know that I'll be happy about it come May, when we get out a little earlier. But for now, the thrill of waking up to a text message that tells me to go back to sleep sounds pretty fabulous. Snow fell on Sunday morning and then again in the afternoon on Tuesday, and we would have totally gotten out for school both times if it had been timed a little differently. Instead we had a dicey, icy parking lot.
3. Long Weekend AdventuresMy husband's grandma bought us a Sam's Club membership for Christmas, so we spent part of our day off Monday exploring the aisles. I had no idea that they had good deals on everything from shampoo to medicine and clothes? We stocked up on enough toilet paper and paper towels to last us for a good while, and of course I had to make my weekly "dreaming" trip to Hobby Lobby. We also ventured down to Buca di Beppo for a double date on the chilly Plaza, and our hubbies spoiled us afterwards with Cheesecake Factory cheesecake for dessert! Throw in a Bachelor watch party and a Southwest Boulevard Mexican date night, and it was a pretty solid long weekend. We are very blessed and enjoying year three of just the two of us.
|Okay, so this photo isn't from our long weekend. You caught me. But I love it, and days off with him. So please forgive me!|
4. Celebrating Our SeniorsI remember what it felt like to be a senior- everything that you do is the last time that you'll ever do it. Last first day of school, last homecoming, last courtwarming, and so on. We have a really awesome group of seniors this year at my school, and I'm blessed to spend time with them in my AP Language class, National Honor Society, and YoungLife. It's been a lot of fun cheering on our amazingly talented crew of senior basketball girls here lately, and I also got to celebrate my sweet sister-in-law's senior night at swim this week. These ladies are wonderful young women who are going to rock college and change the world! Isn't my sissy so beautiful??
|We had a blast taking her senior pictures. I love this one!|
5. Rustic Dining Room: Sneak PeekAfter dreaming and planning....and painting my dining room THREE different times (more on that later), it's finally done. And I love it! I'm so happy with the way the colors turned out, and the decorations I was dreaming up turned out to be exactly what I wanted (and even a touch better). Throw in some amazing homemade pieces from my awesome hubby, and you've got the perfect rustic dining room with just the right amount of cozy and classy. Can't wait to show you more later on!
|AFTER. I know, I'm leaving you hanging :) Stop by next week!|
Are you following along with me on Instagram? I'd love to share some of my favorite photos and videos with you!
A. Liz AdventuresThe Diary of a Real HousewifeUniquely UnfoldedGrace and Love BlogRunning for CupcakesMomfessionalsLife in Leggings